When you use Uworktify, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data
Last modified: September 12, 2020
Effective date: October 12, 2020
This notice applies to users of Uworktify’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Uworktify’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how Uworktify and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice.This notice specifically applies to:
- UWorktify Customers: individuals who request or receive rented goods, and/ or other products and/or services through an Uworktify app.
- Uworkertify Providers: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Uworktify to provide, rented goods, and/or other products and/or services.
This notice also governs Uworktify’s other collections of personal data in connection with Uworktify’s services. For example, we may collect the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by Uworktify for Business customers or of owners or employees of Uworktify or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
In addition, please note the following:
- For California users: Information regarding Uworktify’s privacy practices related to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is available here.
- For individuals without an Uworktify account: The personal data of Uworktify Customers who take rented products, other services, products arranged by the owners of an Uworktify account, is processed in accordance with our contract with the owner of that account, and not as otherwise described in this notice. Such processing may include sharing of Uworktify Customer location data with the owner of that account. Please contact the owner of such account for more information.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
B. Data controller and transfer
Uworktify, LLC is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of Uworktify’s services.
Uworktify Technologies Inc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of Uworktify’s services . We process personal data inside and outside of the United States.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- Data provided by users to Uworktify, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Uworktify partners and third parties that use Uworktify APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Uworktify:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Uworktify accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes goods or insurance information of Uworktify provider, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by Uworktify providers to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for Uworktify providers. This may include information such as Uworktify provider history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Uworktify’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic data about users from third parties.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Uworktify customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or restaurant partners, or otherwise contact Uworktify. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For Uworktify Providers, Uworktify collects this data when the Uworktify app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. For Uworktify Customers, Uworktify collects this data when the Uworktify app is running in the foreground. In certain regions (which do not include the European Union), Uworktify may also collect this data when the Uworktify app is running in the background of the user’s mobile device. Uworktify Customers may use the Uworktify apps without enabling Uworktify to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the Uworktify apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address. In addition, the location data collected from a Uworktify provider during a trip will be linked to the Uworktify Customer account, even if they have not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Uworktify through Uworktify’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable Uworktify Providers and Uworktify Customers, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Uworktify receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. Uworktify may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
- Rental goods data: We collect data generated by rental devices if available, when they’re in use. This includes the date and time of use, and other information related to the service offered.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- Uworktify account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Uworktify for Business accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Uworktify business partners through which users create or access their Uworktify account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Uworktify’s APIs or whose APIs Uworktify uses.
- Uworktify business partners in connection with the Uworktify Visa Card to the extent disclosed in the terms and conditions for the card.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for Uworktify providers.
- Partner transportation companies
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Uworktify may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Uworktify collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
Uworktify does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
Uworktify uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. Uworktify uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify Uworktify Providers identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of Uworktify rented good, other services and consulting.
- Enable features to personalize users’ Uworktify accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite services and rented goods.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening Uworktify Providers before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe providers.
- In certain regions, using information derived from national id and/or license photos, and other photos submitted to Uworktify, for safety and security purposes. This includes Uworktify’s Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts Uworkify Providers to share a selfie before going online to help ensure that the Uworktify Provider using the app matches the Uworktify account we have on file. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating Uworktify Providers with low ratings or who otherwise violated such guidelines in certain countries.
3. Customer support. Uworktify uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, Uworktify Provider may message or call a Uworktify customer to confirm a pickup location, a Uworktify Customer may contact a Uworktify Provider to clarify any concern to his order.
6. Marketing. Uworktify may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Uworktify services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by Uworktify partners. For example, if a user has placed an Uworktify order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar similar services by other Uworktify partners. Although we may send users communications about Uworktify partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Uworktify’s services, and user preferences and settings.
We may also send users communications regarding elections, ballots, referenda, and other political and notice processes that relate to our services. For example, Uworktify has notified some users by email of ballot measures or pending legislation relating to the availability of Uworktify’s services in those users’ areas.
7. Non-marketing communications. Uworktify may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Uworktify or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Uworktify’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
9. Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a rented good and/or other service fee for Uworktify orders, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of Uwortkify Users and Providers using Uworktify at a given moment.
- Matching available Goods / Services to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
- Determining Uworktify Customer and Provider ratings, and deactivating users/providers with low ratings
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm Uworktify, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing Uworktify’s referral program, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Uworktify’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Uworktify may share the data we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
- Uworktify Customers first name, rating, and address in with the service will be offered.
- Uworktify Customers’ first name, delivery address, and order information with their Uworktify provider. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the customer providers.
- For Uworktify Providers, we may share data with the Uworktify Customer, delivery/goods/services recipient(s), including name and photo; Goods model, color, license plate, and Goods photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of uses; length of use of the Uworktify app; contact information (depending upon applicable laws); and Uworktify Providers profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users. We also provide rUworktify Customers with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, Uworktify Provider first name, photo, route map, and such other information required on invoices in the country or region where the Uworktify Provider operates.
- For those who participate in Uworktify’s referral program, we share certain personal data of referred users, such as trip count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- Uworktify business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Uworktify may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; vehicle suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or restaurant partners or other Uworktify business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Uworktify blogs and Uworktify social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the Uworktify account owner
If a user requests a service and/or rent a good, using an account owned by another party, we may share their order, including real-time location data, with the owner of that account.
5. With Uworktify subsidiaries and affiliates
We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Uworktify processes and stores data in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
6. With Uworktify service providers and business partners
Uworktify provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Background check and identity verification providers
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Uworktify or on Uworktify’s behalf
- Vendors that assist Uworktify to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- Insurance and financing partners
- Uworktify providers
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Uworktify may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Uworktify’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including but not limited to order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
8. With consent
Uworktify may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
Uworktify retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Uworktify account.
Uworktify may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
Uworktify retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their Uworktify account. For Uwortify Providers, Uworktify also retains goods, service, consulting information and background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their Uworktify account.
Uworktify Customers may request deletion of their account at any time through the email [email protected] Following such requests, Uworktify deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, Uworktify retains location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, Uworktify may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Uworktify will delete the account as described above.
Uworktify may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if Uworktify deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Uworktify may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Uworktify account in the future.
F. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Uworktify’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
a. To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
- Background rented goods and/or service usage information.
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Uworktify’s services, including to determine incentives, connect Uworktify Customers and Uworktify Providers, and calculate costs for delivery and provider earnings
- Transaction information
- Information relating to customer support
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of Uworktify or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of Uworktify’s apps.
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing Uworktify’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
c. To fulfill Uworktify’s legal obligations
For example, Uworktify is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ trips, and to provide copies of such data to the government or other authorities. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
Uworktify may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
d. With consent
Uworktify may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. Choice and transparency
Uworktify enables users to access and control the data that Uworktify collects, including through:
- In-app settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
Uworktify also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Uworktify restrict its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
Settings menus in the Uworktify app for Uworktify Customers give them the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Uworktify. Information about these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below.
- Location data
Uworktify uses Uworktify Customers device location services to make it easier to get a rented good, service or product whenever they need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support.
Uworktify provides users with delivery status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Uworktify app and cannot be disabled.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Uworktify app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Uworktify app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
C. Ratings look-up
After every service completed the Uworktify Customer is able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for Uworktify Customers and Providers. Uworktify Customers can see their average rating in the main menu of the Uworktify app. Uworktify Providers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the Uworktify app.
D. Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Uworktify h. Users may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Uworktify by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for rented goods, other services and products or information about their account.
E. User data requests
Uworktify provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Uworktify’s handling of their data. To make a request, please send a email to [email protected]
- Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
- Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that Uworktify collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
- Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in Uworktify’s apps. They may also ask that Uworktify change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. Uworktify may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to Uworktify’s handling of their personal data with the data protection authority in their country. For example, users in the European Union and South America may submit such requests to the data protection authorities in the country in which they live.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Uworktify apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. After such notice, use of our services by users in countries outside the European Union will be understood as consent to the updates to the extent permitted by law.